Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Resistance Benevolence Society


TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2011

The Resistance Benevolence Society

While the MSM is continues to attack Herman Cain for not particularly credible allegations that even if true really aren't much of anything in the post-Clinton era, even as they continue to actively suppress serious sex scandal allegations about Obama, it is worth repeating that it is of vital importance for right minded people who value honesty and truth to support Conservative Bloggers.
As I wrote back in August:
Think about other events over the past few years. If it weren't for Conservative bloggers, it is quite likely that far left radical nutjobs like communist racist Van Jones and Mao fan Anita Dunn would still be holding high ranking positions in the Obama administration. If it weren't for the blogs, it may never have become known that the Fort Hood massacre was islamic jihad, as was the attempted Christmas Underwear bombing, as was the attempted Times Square bombing, as was the shooting outside the Arkansas Army Recruiting office... I could go on, but hopefully you get the idea. If it weren't for the blogs, you would probably not know that the recent violent and brutal "flash mob" attacks popping up all over the country involved large groups of racist black thugs attacking white people specifically because they are white and for no other reason. If it weren't for the blogs, nobody would know about corruption like the Pigford scam, the deadly "Fast and Furious" scandal, or most of the other treasonous and illegal acts of the corrupt anti-American Obama administration and his goonion thug cronies. If it weren't for the blogs, nobody would likely know that Obama has us helping Al Qaeda and other jihadi terrorists in Libya. If it weren't for the blogs, you may have never heard of the Muslim Brotherhood or been made aware that their stated official goal for the United States of America is to destroy it from within. If it were not for the blogs, people would probably still think that the far left drug addled Tuscon killer, Jared Loughner, was a Sarah Palin operative. There are so many important things that would never have come to light if the right-blogosphere had not exposed them and banged the drum persistently until media and politicians could no longer afford to ignore them, I could easily go on all day, but I hope you get the point: the right blogosphere is critically important to our nation's future!

Conservative bloggers don't just provide information though, quite often they are the catalysts for making positive changes. Last fall, this blog was barely a month old when I put it to work, successfully, towards my owncorrupt far left Congressman's electoral defeat. The right-blogs played a crucial role in giving the leftists the "shellacking" that they so rightly deserved in the 2010 election and they will be more important than ever leading up to 2012.

Unlike the well funded left, Conservative bloggers get no support from any big organizations, there are no blogger Sugar Daddies for Conservative bloggers, not even from the right... MORE
Readers still remain the primary and often only source of support and encouragement a Conservative Blogger can hope to receive, and most bloggers' Tip Jars sit empty unless there is a bleg for help during a crisis. For some of us, the crisis is never ending, despite all of our best efforts.

My husband works full time as a welder. Shortly after Obamacare was passed, the company that supplies metal to the plant my husband works at had announced that they were going to suffer huge losses as a result of Obamacare. Of course this would necessitate them raising the price of their products, and suddenly the plant where my husband works stopped offering overtime to the men who work there, then they cut the men's hours to a few hours less than full-time, and raises that were promised never materialized. Husband does whatever side jobs he can come across to help make ends meet and even started a home based business on top of all of the other work he does, but it simply isn't enough. I am home with two young children, one of which has special needs (and special expenses to go with them), and due to my physical limitations from medical issues I am limited in the type of work I could do, if there were any work available in my area for the few hours a night when my husband is home from work and able to watch the children.

We were doing fine before Obama took office. We weren't rich by any stretch of the imagination, but we paid our bills on time, and even had a little bit left for savings and a few of the simple little luxuries that make life a little more pleasant (such as going out to dinner once in a while or taking the kids someplace fun). That is not the case now.

We are forced to leave some bills unpaid in order to pay others and each month we fall further behind. I often go hungry to ensure that everybody else has enough to eat and that is quite a distraction. I resort to blegging far too often and the wolves continue to claw at the door as our various utilities are forever on the verge of being shut off. We've been trying to catch up on bills but there is never enough; currently we are $400 short of keeping our electricity on, despite having given them a large sum of money last month (3 times over what the 'installment' amount was since we are trying to get it taken care of), because we were a few days late on the last installment they have decided that they will no longer give us any leeway to catch up and need to give it all up NOW. I am hoping that they are too busy doing the storm damage repairs to come and get us right now so we can try to scrape together that last bit of cash to finally be caught up.

I have been sick for weeks going on months now, in addition to the dental problems and I am not getting any better, I still run fevers on and off daily and feel horrible most of the time (not being able to eat right probably doesn't help and it makes the pain condition worse too), I need to get tests done to see if the Lyme Disease is back active in my body or if there is something else going on, but I cannot get to a doctor for it because these are things that need to be done during business hours and I have been without transportation since February when my husband's car broke down and we could not afford to fix it.

Being without a vehicle while living in a semi-rural area (with no mass transit or affordable taxi service) and being trapped at home with young children is scary. If something happens while my daughter is at school and she needs to come home, there is nothing I can do, Daddy is an hour away with the only working car. There are things I would like to do to be able to help my son, but being without a means to take him anywhere during the day makes it impossible. Even just going to the library when they have group events for little kids would help him. We just witnessed an entire summer pass us by where the children never got to visit a playground, a beach or their grandmother because we were trapped here. I lose sleep due to anxiety over being stranded here in the event of an emergency. Husband finally saved enough to get a transmission for his car, but once he got up under the vehicle, he is finding one thing after another that also needs to be repaired or replaced and he can only invest a tiny bit of money each week for parts (and leave other bills unpaid or underpaid to do so).

The above is just to give you a glimpse of what we are dealing with here in the Resister home. If these things did not weigh so heavily on me and my family, I would have a lot more mental energy to put towards the blog and could blog with greater frequency.

The Zilla blog averages around twenty-one thousand page views a month, if I had a dime for every page view, not only would I not have to bleg for help any more, but we could pay our bills and catch up on those which are past due, thereby eliminating late fees and perpetual threats of shut off, and there would be enough to eat and finally finish getting whatever husband needs to fix his car so I can reclaim my freedom and reopen the world outside of my home to my children. I could get to the doctors I need to see and find out what's wrong with me. My son could get whatever he needs to help him reach his potential and my daughter could enjoy hot lunch at school sometimes. I would even be able to help other bloggers, because whenever I have anything more than we need, I like to hit the tip jars of my colleagues (something all right minded people should do).

Datechguy also explains how just a tiny bit of regular help from his readers could make a huge difference in his life (he had over 62,000 page views last month):
In the quest to support myself the numbers are clear: If I had 10 cents for every hit this blog gets I’d be able to not only replace the pay from my old job fully but afford self financed travel to cover national events on a monthly basis, maybe even hire an assistant.

I don’t do a lot of blegs (My last big one was in July) but you might notice a new button to the right for subscriptions. As you might guess the subscription levels are based on…Hats
You can subscribe at the level of Beanie ($2 a week) or go all the way to Grand Fedora ($100 a month) or you can always give a standard tip jar hit for whatever amount you please.
Between the Radio show (self financed with ads ) and the tip jar my goal is to achieve at least one of two things.
1. Replace my unemployment (About $77.14 a day) That is enough to pay the bills of the house baring disaster
2. Replace my pay (About $114.29 a day) That would allow me to start saving again. Maybe buy a snowblower for the winter and have a nest egg to replace a car since the newest one in the driveway is 11 years old
Anything beyond that is gravy. If I can manage to get to$137.36 a day that would finance a Stacy McCain style road trip (perhaps even with Stacy McCain) every month to cover a big story across the US.
Put bluntly here are the numbers:
I can meet goal #1 (the house bills) with 270subscribers at $2 a week or 117 subscribers at $20 a month.
I can meet goal #2 (my old pay) with 400 subscribers at $2 a week or 174 subscribers at $20 a month.
The moment I reach a level equal to 500 subscribers at $2 a week or 210 subscribers at $20 a month then I’ll call Stacy and the trips shall begin.
So if you like what you see and would like it to continue, please consider hitting the tip jar or the subscription button.  RTWT & Hit His Tip Jar!
I am not as creative with titles as Datechguy, but I did borrow his idea and installed a subscription button, for the Resistance Benevolence Society. If 100 readers subscribed to support this blog at the $20 monthly "Booster" tier, I'd be able to get my family everything we need and even be able to pass some Tip Jar Love along to my fellow bloggers once we are out of the hole we are currently at the bottom of. If a tenth of my readers sent ten bucks a month, I'd never have to bleg again. Of course the regular donate button still works for one time tip jar hits and for those of you who don't want to use paypal, there is a Google checkout button installed in the left margin of this blog.

Other ways to support this blog include buying custom made ad space, shopping through my Amazon links, shopping through the affiliate ads that I have here for some great businesses, and now I have a CafePress store too where you can currently buy all kinds of great stuff with the famous anti-Obama logo 'Take your "change" and SHOVE IT!' logo on them (more new designs coming soon).

Once things are a little better for us I plan to offer some sort of goodies for those who support this blog but in the mean time, please know that I am deeply grateful for any and all help. If the doom is a little further from the door, there will be more and better blog posts. This is true for all bloggers I think, so please remember them too. as I said last summer:
It isn't just the bloggers who are trying to avert DOOM! who should be enjoying a little Tip Jar action once in a while, and really, they shouldn't have to bleg, nor should they feel bad for shaking and rattling their Tip Jars.

If there is a blog you enjoy reading, that you learn things from, that maybe makes you smile or motivates you to get out and (metaphorically) kick some leftist ass, a  really great way to encourage that blogger to keep doing what they do is to drop a couple of bucks in their Tip Jar. I can guarantee you that every single dollar is greatly appreciated.

Conservative bloggers provide a valuable service for the cause of freedom and it is not unreasonable that the people who benefit from their efforts (be it by having access to information that would otherwise be unavailable, a good chuckle at some well written snark, seeing corruption exposed or giving voice to a righteous cause) might consider throwing a few bucks in a blogger's Tip Jar, especially if it is done in lieu of contributing to some political machine which only produces the cramming of establishment RINOs and unelectable losers down our throats and limits the chances that a real Conservative will win a crucial election.

If you're tired of holding your nose in the voting booth and either voting for what you hope will be the "lesser of two evils" or going third party when you know that there is not a snowball's chance in hell of that candidate's victory in anything but a local election, then you really should be doing what you can to support the right blogosphere, because it is the front line against a powerful and well funded opposition to your Liberty and the Army of Davids needs all the help it can get to fight for you and alongside you against the C.R.A.P.T.A.S.T.I.C. Goliath.
Of course, the Master of the Tip Jar Rattle (and America's last REAL reporter), Robert Stacy McCain says it all better than anybody
The core readership of any particular small-to-medium blog — people who visit a site on an almost daily basis — may only be 50 or 100 or 200 people. And $10 is the cost of two Happy Meals at McDonald’s. Despite the Obama recession, I’m absolutely certain that a core blog readership of 100 people could support any site to the tune of $1,500-$2,000 per month just $10 or $20 at a time.  MUCH MORE HERE & YOU SHOULD HIT HIS TIP JAR

If you have managed to get through this post without cursing me and closing your browser in disgust, thank you. This post will remain at or near the top of the blog until things improve as I continue to run the A-C page, add new blog posts, and keep trying to find ways to send those wolves away for good. Thank you for your friendship and support.


Update: 11/9/2011 - At 5:30 AM today, my husband woke me up to inform me that our sweet cat Grey had passed away during the night. She was a really good cat. I am not looking forward to telling the kids, they really love her too. Rest In Peace, Grey! :(

This post is featured at The Bee Sting Daily. Thanks, Bee Sting! 

http://zillablog.marezilla.com/2011/11/resistance-benevolence-society.html

Zilla of the Resistance