Thursday, December 22, 2011

To Vice President Biden: "FIGHTING GHOSTS", from a Soldier's Perspective


December 20 2011
 — By CJ

A Soldier's Perspective
I once had this grand allusion that anyone a state or nation would elect to serve in high offices within the federal government and responsible for so much authority, money, and influence would at least be an intelligent person. Sadly, my dreams were [again] shattered when I read this:
“We are in a position where if Afghanistan ceased and desisted from being a haven for people who do damage and have as a target the United States of America and their allies, that’s good enough. That’s good enough. We’re not there yet. Look, the Taliban per se is not our enemy. That’s critical. There is not a single statement that the president has ever made in any of our policy assertions that the Taliban is our enemy because it threatens U.S. interests. If, in fact, the Taliban is able to collapse the existing government, which is cooperating with us in keeping the bad guys from being able to do damage to us, then that becomes a problem for us.”

Really the Taliban isn’t our enemy, Mr. Vice President? Maybe I imagined the indirect fire rocket attack I enjoyed last night at about the time I was ready to go back to my semi-comfortable cot in a war-zone where we are fighting this “non-enemy.” Instead, I got to spend and additional hour freezing the rounds out of my M4 rifle I’m armed with to shoot at camels instead of a non-existent enemy.
I’m quite sure that the rockets are left over from Saddam’s old stockpiles of WMD we never found and were accidentally launched over Iran into our FOB. The guys shooting us are probably just celebrating the continuing decline of our economy and erosion of our civil rights. It’s entirely possible that Marine Corps Maj. Samuel M. Griffith from Virginia Beach, Va., who died Dec. 14 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan was really just playing G.I. Joe with friendly Afghans when they accidentally sprung their ambush that wasn’t at all planned or targeting Americans.
No, Mr. Vice President, those Soldiers we’re sending home in metal boxes are just facsimiles and representations of enemies long forgotten.
I’m sorry, but I didn’t get the memo that the Taliban had signed a peace treaty with America and thrown down their arms, PER SE! I can’t express how disgusted I am at such an irresponsible statement while me and my fellow troops are here sitting in a cesspool of a country apparently fighting an imaginary and unnamed enemy.
But that’s not all folks! At a White House press briefing yesterday, spin-meister Jay Carneyval responded to a reporter’s question to about what he meant by the statement (after all, the media needed to save the poor gutter politician from even more political foot-in-mouth suicide) to which Carneyval responded:
We didn’t invade Afghanistan … because the Taliban was in power. We went into Afghanistan because Al-Qaeda … launched an attach on us from Afghanistan…Elimination of the Taliban is not the issue. The number one issue is to disrupt, dismantle and ultimately defeat al-Qaeda.
Even when asked if the ignorant statement was regrettable, the press secretary said it was only regrettable when taken out of context. “It is a simple fact that we went into Afghanistan” because of 9/11. “We are there now ultimately to defeat Al-Qaeda”
I’m sorry, I can’t take this alternate reality I’m living in. I need to shut up now before some OTHER moron opens up another investigation because I’m calling out ignorant people making ignorant statements…in my opinion!
______________________
Bee's Note:
See Video and article posted on "Expose Obama", entitled:

Obama Admin:Taliban Isn’t the Enemy,so Let’s Fund Al-Qaeda!

NOTE TO AMERICA ... Vote these idiots out next year and I do mean all the idiots ... from the White House on down ...!!


and, here's another link, to Atlas Shrugs/Pamela Geller:

BOLTON: BIDEN'S STATEMENT THAT TALIBAN NOT OUR ENEMY WAS NO GAFFE