Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bloggers, not all chairs are alike!

"too hard"   "too soft"  and "just right"!

I want to take a moment to discuss chairs.  Just a note to remind each of you to be kind to yourself.

This December will mark my 3rd year blogging, but not before sitting at the computer almost full time (Yes, I am retired) commenting on one of the national newspapers for two years.  So, that's a lot of sitting!  Which, by the way, is not healthy for anyone unless you take brakes and stretch those legs.

Everyone remembers the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.  One chair too hard, one too soft, and the third chair "just right".  What type of chair are you sitting on right now?  Starting out 5 years ago, I sat on a very uncomfortable, too hard old kitchen chair.  Adding a pillow did not make this chair any more comfortable.  Eventually, I tried an old chair from the bedroom, very soft, but not very supportive for my back.  One by one, I dragged out old chairs, none were "just right"!  

Five years into my war on chairs, I finally did myself a favor, went to the local office supply store, and found the perfect chair: a high back with  soft bonded leather upholstery -  stylish and luxurious, and adjustability features to provide maximum comfort.  It has padded arms and headrest with lumbar support, and 2 inch dual wheel casters.  Ahh, comfort, at last!  I don't intend to make this sound like a commercial, but do suggest for anyone who spends hours blogging, to make sure you are sitting in a chair that will make long hours at the computer more relaxing, not to mention healthier for your body.

My new chair!

And, while we're on the subject of chairs, I found this cartoon posted on my Facebook ... one that answers the Palestinian problem.

Happy blogging!  Be comfortable, knowing that whatever you say is not in vain - Wisconsin proved that this evening.  God bless Wisconsin and God bless America!  See: "The people have spoken – again. The well-funded special interests and big government overspenders have lost – again. The Tea Party Patriots have won – again."


Next, will be Obama's turn on November 6th ...