Saturday, March 31, 2012

ONE WINNING MEGA-MILLIONS TICKET IN MARYLAND, UNKOWN IF MORE

Mega Millions Sales
CHICAGO (AP) — An official with the Maryland lottery says a record $640 million winning lottery ticket has been sold in Maryland, and there could be others nationwide.
Carole Everett, director of communications for the Maryland Lottery, says the winning Mega Millions ticket was purchased at a retailer in Baltimore County. She said it’s too early to know any other information about the lucky ticket-holder or whether others were sold elsewhere in the nation.
Everett says the last time a ticket from the state won a major national jackpot was 2008 when a ticket sold for $24 million.
She says, “We’re thrilled. We’re due and exciting.”
The estimated jackpot dwarfs the previous $390 million record, which was split in 2007 by two winners who bought tickets in Georgia and New Jersey.
Note:
Oh well, there go my dreams of becoming a Millionaire!  I believe the reports say this was the largest lottery drawing in history!  If there had not been a winner, the next drawing would have been up to ONE BILLION DOLLARS!  Six hundred and forty million people. young, old, middle-aged folks all joined in the excitement of possibly becoming a "winner"!  My granddaughter purchased her first lottery ticket yesterday afternoon and she said to me, "I will be able to take care of you Grammy for the rest of your life".  She's a true winner in my book!  
My mind could not comprehend having that kind of money, so I'll just accept the fact that the good Lord saved me from the stress of setting up Trust Funds, hiring tax attorneys, etc. I would have been content to fix up this old house, share with the family and grandkids, and help the cancer hospital in my area purchase equipment, for starters.  I would have been able to finally take a trip to Israel and walk the streets of Jerusalem; something my heart has yearned to do for many years.  
Good luck to the Winner and may he/she be given wisdom to know how to enjoy their new-found wealth.  
Bee