Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Al-Qaeda Growing Worldwide After 5 Years Of Obama


The number of Al Qaeda affiliates has expanded, as have their geographic scope, but the terror network has become more diffuse and decentralized, a RAND study found.

Al Qaeda not only remains a threat to the United States, but its capabilities and scope are expanding, a new analysis from a respected think tank has concluded. 
“There has been a net expansion in the number and geographic scope of Al Qaeda affiliates and allies over the past decade, indicating that Al Qaeda and its brand are far from defeated,” argues Seth Jones, an analyst at the RAND Corporation and the study’s author.

Continue reading: http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2013/0722/Al-Qaeda-growing-but-less-focused-on-US-study-finds
h/t Jack WV

Bee's note:
And there you have it: a growing, thriving on dead bodies, Al Qaeda. I wonder if the White House has counted how many are in Libya.  If Ambassador Steven's were alive, I bet he could testify to how many terrorists rule in Benghazi.  

Correction: 
Read exact quote below:
The Audacity of Hope
Page 260-261
". . .

"Whenever I appear before immigrant audiences, I can count on some good-natured ribbing from my staff after my speech; according to them, my remarks always follow a three-part structure: "I am your friend," "[Fill in the home country] has been a cradle of civilization," and "You embody the American dream." They're right, my message is simple, for what I've come to understand is that my mere presence before these newly minted Americans serves notice that they matter, that they are voters critical to my success and full-fledged citizens deserving of respect.
"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." [Page 260-261] . . . "


Does anyone need a picture drawn to understand who he meant?  Hardly!