A CIA employee who refused to sign a non-disclosure agreement prohibiting him from speaking out about last year’s deadly terror attack in Benghazi, Libya has been suspended and forced to hire an attorney, the Washington Free Beacon reported.
The wreckage of burnt cars seen outside the main gate of the U.S. diplomatic outpost in Benghazi, Libya, as seen on the eve of the anniversary of the deadly Sept. 11, 2012 attack. (Getty Images)
Rep. Frank Wolf (R-Va.) said Monday that his office received an anonymous call about the employee’s suspension, the Free Beacon reported. Wolf previously revealed that Benghazi survivors had been forced to sign non-disclosures in a speech on the House floor in July.
“The reports on the NDA are accurate. We’re getting people who call,” Wolf said at an event launching the new Citizens’ Commission on Benghazi, a group comprised of former and retired intelligence and military officials aimed at resolving unanswered questions about the attack.
But in a letter to Congress earlier this month, CIA Director John Brennan denied that any CIA officers were subjected to polygraphs or forced to sign non-disclosures, and said he wouldn’t tolerate any threats of retaliation against employees who spoke to Congress.